Puppy training and advice is available for dogs up to 12 months of age and can be tailored to your individual requirements. Getting a new puppy can be a hugely exciting but challenging experience and it can feel quite overwhelming when things don’t go quite to plan. With a 1-2-1 training session we’re here to help you get back on track and understand your puppy better.
Training sessions can include (but are not exclusive to):
- Toilet training
- Loose lead walking
- Basic training e.g. sit, down, stay
- Appropriate greetings
- Crate training
- Frustration tolerance
If you are thinking about getting a new puppy but you’re not quite sure where to start then Pet Progression offer our Puppy Starter Session. This will be tailored to you and your family and can help you decide which breed might suit you best, advice on places to purchase your new puppy from and the importance of early socialisation.
Many behaviours that become problematic down the line for owners can often be prevented if they are managed correctly in the early part of a puppy’s life. If you have recently picked up your new puppy and would like some advice or you are starting to experience problem behaviours then a Behaviour Prevention and Advice Session can help you prepare for a brighter future with your dog. This session is available for puppies aged 8-20 weeks of age.
(Please note: early intervention is key. Depending on the severity of your puppy’s behaviour a 1-2-1 training session may be more appropriate).
Behaviours you may want help in preventing can include (but are not exclusive to:)
- Destructive behaviour
- Attention seeking
- Jumping up
- Noise fears
- Separation related problems
- Appropriate interactions with people and dogs
- Resource guarding
Puppy 1-2-1 training (8 weeks- 12 months old): £35.00
- Held at your home.
- Duration: 1 hour.
- Written training protocol emailed after session.
New! Puppy Home Starter Course- 5 x 1-2-1 sessions: £150.00
Book a course and save a total of £25.00!
- Puppy training at your home with 1-2-1 tuition.
- Duration: 1 hour per session.
- Each week we will cover basic training and key life skills to help your puppy develop to the best of their abilities.
Puppy Starter Session: £15.00 per hour
- Thinking of getting a new puppy? Not sure where to start?
- Advice and help in finding your new canine friend.
- If you’ve already found your new friend- help and advice for bringing puppy home.
- Held at your home.
Behaviour Prevention & Advice Session (8-20 weeks old): £25.00
- Held at your home with you and your puppy.
- Duration: 45 mins – 1 hour.
- Written advice sheets available.